Saturday, March 5, 2011

Curriculum Time

Well for me it's that time of year for me to start deciding what we will be doing for the next year. To purchase what books, labs, unit study type stuff we'll be doing.

Last year I found this to be quite easy :) We had taken it easy in our first year and I got to know where the boy's strengths were and areas I needed to help him further develop. This year shouldn't be too bad either as I have our path for history, math and language all charted out. I just need to ponder where I would like to go with Science and Geography... I too find it difficult to find purely Secular material, so I tend to follow an outline and then adapt as I need.

We will also have Little Miss joining us at home as well. She will be finishing out her SK year and then she will be at home and having fun with us. I am a little nervous to have them both at home but like any change we'll all settle in I suppose. I have been 'homeschooling' her on her off days just to find a good feel for us all and it seems to be going pretty well.

Off to research I go :)

2 comments:

  1. Working on the same thing here, just about have my list for next year done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am researching too, it's that time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete