The boy and I noticed a real increase in birds around our back yard tree and decided to make bird feeders from recycling. Not much to it to say the least, but it worked!!! Totally excited! My glue gun died so we will be adding a cap to keep water out later today.
We weren't sure if it would work because the birds disappeared for a while. After about an hour though they came back and have been enjoying the seeds ever since!! Woo hoo, we are pretty excited over here LOL



We made bird seed cakes that didn't work out well, they stuck to the muffin tin :( But if I can get those going better I think the birds will enjoy those too!
Nice! Did you spray the tins first? Really let them set well before trying to remove them. I love chickadees!
ReplyDeleteDOH! Nope LOL Oh the things I learn the hard way LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome experience for all of you! So many lessons in all of it...
ReplyDeleteThe kids like to do the pine cone thing where you smear peanut butter all over them, roll them around in bird seed and hang them outside. Gosh I can't wait for SPRING!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the feeders! Great way to recycle!
ReplyDeletehappy day!