I know it's kind of a personal question and everyone's answer will vary depending on beliefs and perception...
Up to this point it has been about academics...education as I perceive that to be. Today though we ventured into new territory for us.
I talk a lot to the children during off hours about feelings, thoughts and the choices we have in dealing with all of that. Today though we took the time to explore and brainstorm those ideas within our homeschooling atmosphere. We drew concepts in a visual form to allow the children to add their perspective. They were engaged and really took the time to share their experience.
I know this will be a work in progress but I am very encouraged to add this kind of dimension to our learning.
I can comfortably say that academics is the least of it, for us! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's about Becoming, and knowing one's Self, and thinking, and understanding.
For us, academics is something that comes as a result of an interesting and interested life.
Thanks so much for your input Stephanie :)
ReplyDeleteI find each year the idea of homeschooling takes on a different meaning for me and the children. Letting go of preconceived notions and letting interests unfold as they will. I enjoy your blog immensely for that reason and more.
Thanks for stopping by ;-)