So I've been trying to get a handle on the amount of things I need to get ready for this school term and felt a little overwhelmed. I kept trying to figure out how I was going to prep 5 subjects (at least) and still have time at night for myself. So I started venting to my husband and we came up with a plan that 'sounds' better and still allows me to cover what I need to.
So keeping in mind 2 important aspects, Mr. Monkey's education and my own personal time, we decided we would do math and language daily. We would then do one of the other subjects (Science, History and Geography) for one solid week and alternate them each week. I was just looking at all that I had to do to prep them all so we covered them ALL weekly that I was feeling bogged down already. BUT now that I can throughly prepare for one a week I think I can do a better job of delving into our learning and be prepared with time to spare for myself.
I'm hoping to great success with this schedule as it sounds like we both get what is needed! I'm very grateful to have this type of flexibility as a homeschooling parent...if it doesn't work try something else!
No comments:
Post a Comment