Monday, September 6, 2010

Initial Thoughts: Excellence in Writing

So I've been going through this curriculum package from Excellence in Writing these past few days, and have to say thus far I'm liking it. When I got the package initially I looked at it and thought, 'YIKES!'. It is a big package, lots of materials, DVD's and just looking at it made my head ache LOL With the full out start to our school year starting I threw out the negative thoughts about the information (and volume of it) and dove in.

With this program came a DVD for myself, it covers the ideas behind the program, a step through of the lessons and ways to approach a variety of learners, and valuable examples to pull from. The instructor, Mr. Pudewa, is very enthusiastic about this approach and is very easy to follow and understand. There is also a DVD for Mr. Monkey to watch and learn from as well. It provides info to work from but you are definitely not restricted to that.

I found this package while browsing around in the Learning Abled Kids website. Many parents recommended this for their children who have little patience or desire to write. My son has poor fine motor skills and finds the written word very challenging. I wanted a program that would give him a defined structure so that he could, with practice, be able to write well in adulthood.

I am really looking forward to this program and will update with more info as we delve into it over the months ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment