Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Historical Timelines

Our timeline is probably one of the first things we did when we started homeschooling. I was and still am really excited about the fact that history for us has a start (as we believe it to be, with an understanding that not all people believe what I do about its beginnings). Our history is chronological, understanding though that history and it's events happen in different places concurrently.

Our timeline, while not pretty, is our way to understand the 'story' of the world. While we delve in and out of countries, events, time periods...our timeline anchors our travels. We REALLY enjoy talking and playing with history.

Ancient History ~ Civilizations based

Medieval History (CE - Common Era)

The whole thing thus far :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow--it looks great!

    We are very behind in adding to our timeline!!! We do separate pages and keep them in a binder, but I really like your of idea using a long piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete