Our friend Carol set up a trip to the Legislative Assembly in Toronto last week and it was a great trip! I personally have never been to the government building but found it to be such a beautiful building inside and out. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures when inside the building but I did get some of the outside. The children did a scavenger hunt prior to the tour, I couldn't believe the running they did that day LOL
The tour itself was outstanding! The children were brought into the mini chamber and allowed to dress up into the various roles found in the actual Assembly. Mr. Monkey was Mr. Speaker and enjoyed the people bowing to him and being able to pick who spoke next LOL They really learned a lot about debating a bill and the various responsibilities of those who take part in the Assmebly each day. Our guide for the tour was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and had such wealth of age appropriate answers for adults and children a like.
We were then brought in to the actual Assembly to watch the government in action. I think this was the most disappointing part of the tour LOL Many were texting, the speaker distracted it was a very odd sight. The children and adults a like had many pointed questions for our guide afterwards :)
This was a terrific field trip, we learned SOOOOO much!
We are going to TO in early May. Does it cost to tour? Do you needto book in advance? We have drastically changed the type of visit we are planning on doing.
ReplyDeleteOh you got wayyyyy better pics than I did lol. I need a new camera for sure, mine was all messed up this trip, blurry pics!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty building! Sounds like you had a great (and busy) day!
ReplyDelete