Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Windy City

We just got back from a very busy, totally fun, mini vacation in Chicago! The children and I really loved this city! The buildings were awesome, the people were so fantastic and we didn't lack for a bit of activity! Such a great place :)

We started off with an 8 hour car ride, not fun! LOL But the kiddos slept "most" of the way.

Here is the trip:

Ready to get going!

View from our room

Room service the first morning there! We were a little tired LOL


Entering Navy Pier...a really fantastic family spot!
On the pier

Huge Ferris Wheel

Children's Museum! I think their favourite place to go the entire trip!





He really enjoyed the building area!! Crossbow :)

LOL



The Field Museum...HUGE building I got just the middle section, it has big sections on either side of it.

Inside

We did a ton in here, but most talked about was Sue the T-rex

Outside the Shedd Aquarium, we did this after the Field Museum as it was just next store

The elevator to go to the admissions area, the biggest goldest elevator ever!

Completely toasted after a HUGE day!

Some buildings...they had some lovely ones there!

Last stop of the trip...Lincoln Park Zoo...awesome spot and totally FREE!!

I see a slight resemblance LOL

They picked out little Lemurs at the end of the day as a keepsake!

1 comment: