I am very excited this year as we are participating in a local CSA from
Edencrest Farms. If you are unsure what CSA is here's a link:
http://csafarms.ca/what%20are%20csa%20farms.htm It was AWESOME!!
We got to visit with the new kittens and chicks they have there. We also got to chat (nonstop) with our farmer during a wagon ride around the property. Its really a wonderful feeling knowing that the food I feed my family came from 20 minutes down the road. That there are no chemicals on our food or in the meat we eat. The creatures have lived a traditional life, out in pasture, and not forced to live in the devastating conditions most live stock prepared for sale do.
It just rocks my world.... a lot! And I was lucky enough to share this day with friends as well :)
Here are pictures of 'our' farm :)
 |
| Lettuce! |
 |
| VERY old farmhouse |
 |
| Garlic |
 |
| Beehives! |
I still want to go back and steal a couple of those fuzzy kittens. What adorable things!
ReplyDeleteC.