Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Journey North

We are doing Journey North this year with friends, thank goodness LOL, and we are trucking along nicely. This exercise tracks spring here at home and then at 10 mystery locations. We get to try and figure out their locations using some highly complicated methods which Carol will enlighten me on later in the process LOL Seriously though, while not too complicated I really do need the help :) I must say having done it last year with just the 2 of us, I have come to realize more is better!! We are able to do the group exercises and extend out the content, it really is a lot more detailed.

Here are some pictures of the kids doing an exercise involving the earth and sun and how that relates to the seasons and hours through the day. Also shown is our colourful graphs showing total photoperiod for the mystery locations and separated into the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Lots of fun :)







1 comment:

  1. I just got your comment ... I had left a comment about #3 on Carol's blog ;)
    The first week it said "all we have is light".
    We have made many mistakes too so don't worry about it. This is the nice part of doing these somewhat together, Carol and I can compare notes!

    ReplyDelete