We are on our last week of summer break and will start our homeschooling year next week. I have to say I'm feeling mixed emotions about getting started again. I'm happy to get back to our routine and feeling more peaceful about things this year (having a year under my belt now).
I would say though I'm having a hard time switching gears and am not feeling as invigorated as I had hoped after summer break. I feeling a little mentally sluggish, not quite commited to the cause just yet...Not sure if it was those weeks of the children attending camp and the peacefulness of 'me' time that's causing the lack of umph.
Either way I'm hoping I'm not the only homeschooling parent out there who faces the new school year with an ounce of good and an ounce of UGH LOL I'm sure once we return to the routine things will work themselves out.
In the meantime I'll continue prepping things and enjoy our last hurrah of the summer at Algonquin Park.
Stay tuned....
You're not alone. We just finished our 2nd week back and we're taking it real slow. I could have taken more time off that's for sure! But I know that 1 month was plenty of time for us and as long as we continue our routine and take it slow, things are going well.
ReplyDeleteWishing you an excellent 2nd year of homeschooling!!